Saturday, May 23, 2009

Take the challenge

Treppenwitz has thrown down the gauntlet. He is blaming all of us, the J-blogosphere for his pudge (his words, not mine!).

To that end, he has created a competition at walkertracker.com. He wants us to put on pedometers and start counting our steps. The goal would be to hit at least 10,000 steps per day. He's promising a prize for the winner and maybe some rewards for those of us that who won't win. I'll have to do something creative to win myself a prize. He's given away at least one, uhm, very interesting prize that I know of.

I decided to sign up, but I didn't have pedometer to count steps. So I posted on the Modiin Listserve and you wouldn't believe how many people have pedometers gathering dust in their junk drawers. I scored myself one for free. G-d, I love the internet.

So go visit him here for details. Do it now, because you can start counting (in Israel) right now. The competition lasts for a month. We'll all be better, perhaps smaller, most definitely healthier people for it.

After all, it's only 300,000 steps.

3 comments:

RivkA with a capital A said...

I signed up and got one too (also from a local list) but I cannot figure out how to make it work!!

By the time I figure it out, the whole thing will be over. And I walked a lot today!!

I'm so bummed!!

Baila said...

I have my own personal high-tech advisor in the form of my husband who, after laughing at me, set the pedometer for me. I guess when you get things cheap or free they don't include instructions. Keep walking anyway--they say it's good for you! :-)

RivkA with a capital A said...

I thought I might have figured it out last night, but the numbers did not make sense.

Then I forgot it at home today...

Maybe God is trying to tell me something!!

;-)