Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Lift has Left the Building

The house is just a shell of what it was. Three burly, hardworking men packed it up in a manner of hours. It was hard to watch. So now Isaac and I are sleeping on Ilana and Steve's cots. There is no place to sit and hang out downstairs, except for our old, small kitchen table that we bought from Caldors when we first moved in.

I am so sad that I am leaving. I didn't realize just how hard it is to say good-bye.

The girls didn't seem to fazed by the house coming apart. Of course they still have their beds. They did very kindly offer for us to sleep in their room and them to get the cots. (There may have been an ulterior motive in that--TV and internet is in our room). Actually, I was proud of them, because the workers told Isaac that the girls offered them help in moving some of our stuff. The workers very suprised by that.

Ozzy is totally discombobulated. His sofa is gone and now he only has his second floor perch to check out the passing parade of people, squirrels and fellow-dogs. Poor guy.

I would love to start posting some pictures, but that would require some technical knowledge. I'll see if I can figure it out.

In the meantime, Shabbat Shalom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! you are one step closer to your dream. Oh how I wish i was your furniture - on my way to Israel! I hope this transition period goes smoothly for you. Don't dwell on it. Take your wonderful memories with you and get ready to make LOTS of new ones!!