Thursday, November 1, 2007

Why do I keep doing this?

So I park in front of my apartment building, pick up all the papers on the seat, gather the school books in the back, look for my cell phone, and leave the car, making sure it is locked. Which it is. With the key still in the ignition. And the motor running.

Very funny.

But not really. This is the second time I've done this since we got here. I was actually afraid to tell Isaac. And yes, he was totally irritated with me. I mean, what kind of moron am I? When I called the rental company they informed me that it would cost $30.00 for the service call. "I know.", I sighed. Plus a full tank of gas, because it took two hours for the guy to come. At least I was home. The last time I had to wait with the car in a strange neighborhood.

So tell me why do I keep doing this? I know I have alot on my mind. But so does everyone else and they don't go locking themselves out of the car...Is there something wrong with me? How can I be so absentminded?

I feel really....lousy about it...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

To make you feel better my coworker who is 20 left her car keys in the ignition and with the motor running not once but a few times.
ts

Anonymous said...

Why do you say that other people don't lock their keys in teh car? I know people who do that. I lose keys. Leave my cell
phone everywhere... don't sweat it.

Yehudi said...

Yeah, if that's the worst thing you do, you're doing well! Great blog here! :)
Shabbat Shalom...

Anonymous said...

Had dinner with Rachel and Alice
Fr. night. Alice shared many stories about David leaving his keys in the car with the car running. Of course, I shared your story with them. You are in good compamy.
SZ

mother in israel said...

Making aliyah is stressful. Give yourself a break. Your kids are doing fine, and that's what counts.

Baila said...

You guys are all so sweet, I'll try not to feel like such an idiot...

Anonymous said...

I was so nervous taking jonny to school on his first day of 1st grade that i locked my keys in the car with the motor running. i had to run down central avenue with him to find someone else to take him into school since I couldn't leave the car running with the keys. I was so disappointed in myself missing his first day. But you know the story turned out fine and all is well. Once in a while he does remind me about this incident, and we both laugh about it now. You will too, it is what makes us all human.

Lubyvitcher said...

If it makes you feel any better, I once went shopping (in America) for an hour. As I approached my car I noticed it was running. This was before I had even tried to fish my keys out of my purse.
I wasn't pregnant, I hadn't made aliyah..but I did create a good laugh for my friends. Thank G-d my car was still there! It would have been an expensive shopping spree.