Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I rarely do this, but...



I got this joke from my friend, Arlene. It's one of those "heh-heh chuckle" jokes (as opposed to a "loud guffaw" joke, which I probably couldn't reprint on my blog anyway).

HEARD ON AN EL AL PLANE A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO:

As the EL AL plane landed at Ben Gurion airport, the voice of the Captain came on:

"Ladies and gentlemen, please remain seated with your seat belts fastened until this plane comes to a complete stop at the gate and the seat belt signs have been turned off. We also remind you that the use of cell phones is strictly prohibited on board this aircraft. To those of you who are still seated, we wish you a Happy Easter, and hope that you enjoy your stay in the Holy Land.

And to those of you standing in the aisles and talking on your cell phones, we wish you a Happy Purim and Happy Passover, and welcome back home."




GO ISRAEL!!!

1 comment:

SuperRaizy said...

Cute joke. I've found that airline pilots often have a good sense of humor and insert little jokes into their announcements.
True story-
When I was 18 I spent a year learning in Israel. A whole bunch of us students were flying back to NY for Pesach on an El Al flight. Many of the students were misbehaving- yelling, singing, climbing over seats. The flight attendants kept telling them to stop but they wouldn't listen. Finally, the pilot got on the loudspeaker and said "Any passenger who is not behaving appropriately will be asked to leave the aircraft immediately". (We were flying high over the Atlantic Ocean at the time). The kids got scared and quieted down. I was the only one laughing, envisioning the pilot opening the airplane doors and forcing all these teenagers to jump off the plane into the ocean.