Thursday, November 26, 2009

Day of Thanks

As I sit here writing this, many of you in the United States are stuffing your faces sitting down to eat your Thanksgiving dinner. No one needs me to remind them to be thankful. We are so blessed to be walking this good earth, grabbing the opportunities that G-d gives us daily and trying to make the most of the time we have.

This year we aren't doing the traditional dinner today. Instead I spent the day getting a traditional turkey dinner ready for some friends (really good friends) who are in town for the week and will come for Shabbat Lunch. On the menu: turkey london broil, chicken with stuffing, cranberry sauce, cabbage salad, sweet potatoes, string beans, apple pie and pumpkin pie. I hope it's enough.




Wishing you all a great Thanksgiving, stuffed with only the best life has to offer.

3 comments:

Leora said...

Since I have taken to making Thanksgiving-style food for Friday night, I'm enjoying your list. Still menu planning. And awaiting my extra-frum relatives who usually don't celebrate Thanksgiving but on their way to Agudah convention, so we are actually having family for Thanksgiving! I feel semi-traditional. I'm planning to do apple pie tomorrow. Your pies look good.

Mrs. S. said...

Sounds - and looks! - delicious. Can you share the turkey london broil recipe?

Shabbat Shalom!

Anonymous said...

i am a very lucky woman!!

CK