Saturday, June 12, 2010

Summertime, summertime

It seems the hot weather is here to stay, and it's only going to get hotter. I think I'm learning to tolerate the heat better; still, the person who invented air conditioning should have won a Nobel Prize.

Of course in this weather, only the barest of shoes can be tolerated and we went sandal shopping (oh joy! you know how much I love shopping)* the other week. After two weeks the soles Orli's sandals were already splitting. After lamenting the poor quality (but still high prices) of shoes here, I stopped in the store on a lark to let them know. To my utter surprise the sweet girl there told me to bring them in, that the shoes in their store were under warranty.

How could they put such cr@#%py shoes under warranty? Never mind, I brought Orli back, she picked out another pair and we all walked away happy. I guess if I have to, I'll exchange the shoes every two weeks.



Tali chose open sandals with embellishments...



...while Orli liked the trendy gladiator style



And both come with a warranty! (Now I feel much better about the not-so-great quality)

For more summer pictures visit Robin's Summer Stock Sunday at Around the Island.



*NOT!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Baila.
It seems the same sort of sandals are in fashion here too, especially the gladiator style.
Hope your daughters enjoy them.

Robin said...

Ooh, cute sandals, especially the gladiator ones. I wish my poor old feet could still tolerate them, they just radiate summertime. (Even better that they were under warranty and you didn't have to eat the cost of a new pair!)

Great choice for Summer Stock too :).

-----------------------------------
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

rutimizrachi said...

For a minute I thought I had stumbled onto Seraphic Secret's "Friday Footwear." Glad to see you girls have figured out how to cool off -- and how to "live Israeli." (Don't worry, Motek. Yihiye beseder...) ;-)

Tania said...

Cool. I like the first one.
Wish you a happy sunday:-)

Leora said...

Oh, me, oh, my. I should really post the photo of the shoes from Deal, New Jersey. Your daughters' shoes look reasonable compared to those. I hope they don't kill any Jews or Xtians as part of being a gladiator...

RivkA with a capital A said...

I LOVE the sandals! Especially the gladiator ones!!

I would wear those!!!

Dianne said...

very cool sandals

Anonymous said...

love the sandals! what did you get?
sz

Kathleen said...

Those are cute sandals! At least if the quality is not-so-great they do have a warranty. With all the other stores from the US that they have there, they don't have any shoe stores?

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Fun post - I do like gladiator-style sandals, myself. Not that I have any. In fact, I haven't got any sandals, period. I wore my last pair into the ground and haven't found another pair I like yet.

4daughters said...

What shoe store has a warranty on their shoes?