Wednesday, February 13, 2008

עידכון--An Update*

My sister is coming today!!!!!

It's a surprise for the kids--they are going to be mad! (I'm making friends with non-American anglos, can you tell?) She is coming in for a long weekend, so we have lots of fun things planned, including a visit to the Ramle Shuk, the Kotel, and on Monday we are going to the Hermon. Hopefully pictures will follow.

There is lots going on here. Lots of buzz about Olmert invading Gaza. I hope he knows what he's doing, but don't have much faith. Also talk about Shas leaving the coalition, which would collapse the government which would mean new elections. I'm starting to know more about the politics around here (I wouldn't say understand it, because who really does?). I was probably better off not. Sigh.

But in the meantime, as my friend Gila says, I try to pretend I live in a normal country.

I'll be back when Tzirl leaves.

Shabbat Shalom!

*"eedkun"--from the verb לעדכן-to update, derived from עד כאן (till here). Pretty cool word, huh?

3 comments:

Fern Chasida said...

Enjoy your sister's visit! Hope you guys have a great time together! Shabbat shalom.

mother in israel said...

I see you recovered from HH! I love it when my sister visits--unfortunately it's not often enough.

Benji Lovitt said...

I had no idea that came from "ad kan". Hebrew is pretty cool.