Friday, January 25, 2008

I can....

Aidel Maidel has challenged her readers to do the "I can" exercise. This involves taking 15 minutes to make a list of things you can do. Do it without editing yourself. Mom in Israel already did one--but I'll read it later--don't want to be influenced!

Okay, 15 minutes, here goes:

1. I can write.
2. I can write poorly, and I can write well.
3. I can blog.
4. I can comment on many, many blogs.
5. I can spend hours reading blogs and commenting on them.
6. I can cook really good food for Shabbat.
7. I can burn that food on this Israeli oven that doesn't work quite right and still be cheerful.
8. But I can also sometimes get really frustrated with stuff like that.
9. I can swim many laps (100 the last time I swam).
10. I can speak Hebrew!
11. I can speak Spanish.
12. I can speak Yiddish.
13. I can be ready for Shabbat 3 hours before it starts (if I'm very focused and organized).
14. I can get Shabbat ready in an hour if I have to.
15. I can drive almost anywhere in Israel, including Jerusalem, without GPS, I might add.
16. I can read a book, the entire Jerusalem Post, and parts of the Yediot over one Shabbat.
17. When the internet is down over here, I can fix it.
18. I can comfort my children when they are upset.
19. I can make people laugh.
20. I can give great massages.
21. I can receive great massages.
22. I can stay in touch with friends and family in the US.
23. I can lock my keys in my car (three times, now!).
24. I can have a a re-union with people I havn't seen in 20 years, in my home, with dinner prepared after waiting for two hours for the guy to come open my car door.
25. I can pay $30.00 everytime I lock the keys in the car.
26. I can pray every day.
27. I can pay my bills (Thank G-d).
28. I can take long walks in my new city and discover things I didn't know.
29. I can plan a bat-mitzvah in a new country.
30. I can order things on the internet and ask friends and family to bring them when they come.
31. I can crochet kippot.
32. I can eat almost anything.
33. I can cook for many, many people.
34. I can make new friends.
35. I can laugh very hard.
36. I can laugh very, very hard with my husband.
37. I can also be very, very angry with him.
38. I can kiss my children every night before they go to sleep.


Okay, my 15 minutes are up.

What can you do?

Shabbat Shalom!

No comments: