Sunday, August 5, 2007

Good-bye at Work

Like a train moving steadily to its destination, our life here is shutting down. On Friday I went to my office to pack it up and clean it out. I have only worked there three years, but have learned so much about working with so many people of different religions, nationalities and cultures. Good people are good people, and there are just so many good people in this world. My colleagues were so tremendously supportive when L. got sick and then again this Spring when she was critically ill. The administration (my bosses) understood that she came first, and preserved my job for me. How do you thank people like that? There is no way, just for them to know that I learned so much from these Good People, and will always be grateful...

I also went out with my friends from my old job. It was so sweet of them to invite me to their end-of-summer party. Those were real good-byes, because I don't know when I will see them again. These women were an integral part of my life for 8 years. Good People are everywhere, aren't they?

No comments: